Our Grant Giveaway for 2019 opens in January. Keep an eye on this website for all the latest Grant Fund news.
£13,500 and counting…
Peasedown St John’s Party in the Park is held every summer on Beacon Field, and due to its success, every year thousands of pounds is raised annually.
The majority of the money goes towards funding the following year’s event, but the organisers always set aside a small sum of money – the Party in the Park Grant Fund, to reinvest back into the village in the form of small financial grants.
Party in the Park Chairman, Nathan Hartley, said: “When the organisers first met to plan Party in the Park we decided that no matter how much money we raised we’d like to give some of it back to the community. This is our way of thanking residents for supporting this year’s festival and making it such a special day.”
To qualify for a Party in the Park Grant, applicants must be part of an organisation based within Peasedown St John. The organisation should be not-for-profit, a registered charitable trust, or seeking funding for one-off costs that cannot be met from their existing finances.
Priority will be given to groups who have not applied before.
Joy Fraser, who is the group’s Treasurer, said: “All the members of the Management Committee have a strong sense of pride in Peasedown St John. We believe passionately in supporting the community at a grassroots level. Therefore, as well as just organising a large summer event each year we also want to do things for the community all year round. We really do hope that the money we are giving away will be a benefit to the successful applicants.”
Over the last ten years, £13,500 has been redistributed back to the community. Party in the Park Grants have been awarded to:
• Laurel Farm Kindergarten
• Peasedown St John Scouts
• Peasedown Community Farm
• Peasedown Methodist Church Youth Project
• Explorer Scouts
• Peasedown St John Children’s Centre
• Beacon Hall Lunch Club
• Peasedown Youth Albion FC
• Bath Stroke Group
• Beacon Hall Kitchen
• Peasedown Methodist Church Kitchen Refurbishment
• Bath All Starz Cheerleaders
• Peasedown Cricket Club
• Peasedown Methodist Church Golden Oldies Club
• St John’s Church Youth Football Coach
• Peasedown Primary School Centenary Celebrations
• Peasedown St John Residents Association
• Peasedown St John Credit Union
• Time 2 Share
• Chess in Schools
• Great Western Air Ambulance
• Peasedown St John Toy Library
• Community Play Bus
• Wansdyke Play Association
• Peasedown Wellbeing Group
• Peasedown In Bloom
• Peasedown Primary School Year 6 Leavers
Each of the groups have used the money to invest in activities and events for Peasedown St John residents.