Peasedown festival on the lookout for new Assistant TreasurerWednesday 28th August 2019 Leave your thoughts
A Peasedown St John project which celebrated its 11th birthday this year is looking for an Assistant Treasurer to join its team of organisers.
Party in the Park, established in 2008 to build pride in the community and put the village firmly on the local cultural festival scheme, costs £7,000 to host, with almost 50% of this being raised through sponsorship from businesses and grants from organisations.
Party in the Park Festival Chairman, Nathan Hartley said: “We’re looking for an enthusiastic, experienced individual to join the festival team as our new Assistant Treasurer.
“Since 2008, Peasedown Party in the Park has grown to one of the biggest in the district with up to 3,000 people attending. Held on the second Saturday of June every year, it’s an opportunity for local people to get together, see their friends, listen to live music, eat great food, and celebrate all that’s great about our community!”
Over the past decade, almost £100,000 has been raised through the festival – with every single penny going towards festival costs, expenses and the festival grant fund.
“This is a brand-new post we’ve created to work along side our existing Treasurer, Joy Fraser – with a view to taking over as the full-time Treasurer from September 2020”, added Nathan.
Joy, who is one of the festival’s founders, intends to stand down from the role next year after 12 years in post. The Assistant Treasurer would shadow her for a year with a view to take over the management of the festival’s finances fully in 12 months’ time.
Ideally, the candidate should:
- Have experience of working in finance/financial management
- Be able to demonstrate a track-record of keeping financial records
- Be willing to try new ideas and work closely with the rest of the festival team
- Be confident in monitoring the funds that pass through the festival bank account each year
- Be able to commit to one evening committee meeting per month (8 months of the year)
- Have good communication and administration skills and experience in online banking
This is a voluntary role. For further details contact Party in the Park Chairman Nathan Hartley by emailing: email@example.com